Data protection statement
§1 Information about how personal data is collected
(1) Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is: Siempelkamp Giesserei GmbH, Siempelkampstr. 45, D-47803 Krefeld
(3) Our data-protection officer may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) We will store the data you provide when you contact us by email (your email address and, if applicable, your name and your telephone number) in order to enable us to answer your questions. We will delete the data generated within this context when it is no longer necessary to store the data or will restrict how it is processed if legal obligations to retain data exist.
§2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights where the personal data that relates to you is concerned: Right to information, right to correction or erasure, right to restriction of processing, right to object to the data being processed and right to data transferability.
(2) You are also entitled to complain to a data-protection supervisory authority about how we are processing your personal data.
§3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
a) Server log files and cookies
(1) When you use the website for informational purposes only, i.e. when you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. We collect the following data when you wish to view our website:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Difference in time zones in regard to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- The amount of data sent in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
This data will be deleted as soon as you have concluded using our website.
For reasons of security, the server log files will be retained for a maximum period of three days and erased afterwards. Such retention serves, for ex., to solve cases of abuse. If any data must be retained for evidence purposes, it will not be erased before the incident has been finally resolved.
(2) Cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website in addition to the above-mentioned data. Cookies are small text files that are assigned to the browser you use and placed on your hard disk which then direct specific information to the entity that has set the cookie (which in this case is us). Cookies cannot launch programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Our website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient/session cookies (see a in this regard)
- Persistent cookies (see b in this regard).
a) Transient/session cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They in particular relate to session cookies. These store so-called session IDs that permit different requests from your browser to be assigned to the joint session. This will allow your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser's security settings.
c) It is possible to configure your browser settings to suit your requirements and block the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. We do, however, draw your attention to the fact that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
(3) Our website uses fonts.com/en, a font service of Monotype GmbH, Horexstraße 30, 61352 Bad Homburg ("fonts.com"). Each time you visit this website files are loaded from a “fonts.com”-server to display the texts in a specific font. In this process your IP-address can be transmitted to a “fonts.com”-server in the USA and be stored. “fonts.com" is responsible for the further processing of this information. Please refer to the "fonts.com" privacy notice for the corresponding conditions and setting options.
(4) Our website uses geotargeting technology. This process uses your IP address to determine the country in which you are located. This enables us to precisely show our users the country-specific phone numbers of interest to them in light of their geographic location. This service is provided based on your anonymised IP address. The data will not be retained, but only used for this process.
(5) The legal basis for how data is processed as described above is Art. 6 (1) (1) (f) DGPR. The data collected is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security or serve to make our website generally more user-friendly and effective.
b) Contact by email or contact form
(1) We will store the data you provide when you contact us by email or contact form (your email address and, if applicable, your name and your telephone number, the content of your message) for the purposes of answering your questions. We will delete the data generated within this context when it is no longer necessary to store the data or will restrict how it is processed if legal obligations to retain data exist.
(2) The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) (1) (b) GDPR as far as the initiation of a contractual relationship is concerned and Art. 6 (1) (1) (f) GDPR as far as other inquiries are concerned, as we have a legitimate interest in being able to answer your inquiries.
c) Google Analytics
(1) This website uses the ‘Google Analytics’ service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (‘Google’), to analyse its use by users.
(2) The service uses ‘cookies’ – text files that are stored on your end device. Google uses the information collected with the help of cookies to compile an analysis of website usage and website activity within the scope of the agreement to process data („agreement to process data“) that we have concluded with Google.
(3) IP anonymisation (“anonymizeIP”) is used within the scope of the service, i.e. within the member states of the European Economic Area, your IP address will be truncated. Truncating the addresses in this way prevents you from being personally identified by your IP address.
(4) You may exercise the option of preventing cookies from being stored on your device by configuring the appropriate settings in your browser. You may also use a browser plug-in to prevent the information collected by cookies (including your IP address) from being sent to Google. The following link will take you to the corresponding plug-in: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. You may furthermore opt out of the collection of this information for this website only by clicking the following link:Click here to disable Google Analytics
This will set a so-called opt-out cookie that prevents this information from being collected in the future when you visit our website.
(5) You can find more information about the use of data by Google at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
(6) The information collected by the cookies is usually sent to a Google server in the United States of America (USA) and stored there. No general adequacy decision by the European Commission, which would certify that the USA has an adequate level of data protection, exists for the USA. Google, however, is certified under the ‘EU-US Privacy Shield’ that enables an appropriate level of protection for the processing of your personal data in the United States. You may view the certification by Google here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active
(7) The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
(8) The information collected through cookies that may possibly be associated with you will be deleted 14 months after it has been collected.
§4 Recipients of data
Only those bodies at our company that need to access your personal data in order to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes will be granted access. The above-mentioned data may also be processed by contract processors who operate or maintain our website and systems.
§5 Is there an obligation to provide personal data?
You are neither legally nor contractually obliged to provide us with personal data. In some cases, however, we will be unable to offer all the website’s functionalities without this data.
§6 Does automated decision making or profiling take place?
We do not perform automated decisions or other profiling activities.